Friday, May 29, 2015

I made it to the MTC!! Finally :)     

Our flight took us to London (6 hours 40 minutes, roughly) landing us there at 7:30am [London time]. I made friends with Sandy from South Korea, who's studied at GSU where her dad teaches statistics. She's bapist, and has two brothers that are much older than her. She's traveling to England as a start to her two week tour of Europe with her mom and dad, after which she'll go to South Korea for the Summer. I talkd about my mission, and the church, summarized Ephraim's rescue to her, and summarized Enos as she read. I told her about Moroni 10:3-5, and how I gained my testimony. It was a neat experience. The London airport was beautiful! 

We then flew to Manchester, which was a pretty short flight. I was between two ladies that were visiting their sisters. I talked to them for a while, and I'm kinda tired of telling stories of how the conversation went. Basically, after one lady talked about how she didn't like a paid ministry, I told her about callings.  

I love the MTC! It's very small. There are only 25 missionaries. They fed us lunch when we got here, and gave us a quick tour. I met with the MTC president too! President Preston. Funny name, huh?!? [the MTC is in Preston, England]. He's a great man. 
  • He looked at my mission application and what the Bishop and Stake President said about me, and talked abouT how important it was to be humble. Arrogance is something he detests. He is very loving.
  • I felt the Spirit in our interview! It was great.  
We get an hour of exercise time! So I think I'm playing ball. Can't wait. 

Everything is great! Happy to be here. Love you! 

Love,

Elder Withers

 

 

2 comments: