Sunday, April 30, 2017

[SENT APRIL 24, 2017]

Alec with Elder Andrade
Hi fam,

I'm emailing from my iPad right now, so my desire to send long emails is weakened. I will attempt to endure and move my thumbs at rapid pace. 

Funny
Quote from my companion: "I tried making sentences just for him, which was hard because it was like making friends"

The work
Things are great. Cherdale is progressing really well. She came to church on Sunday and had a really good experience. Faozia also came on Sunday. And Christopher, another guy we're teaching, came for the first time.

We're working hard and that feels good. Although I've felt more resistance recently, due to me nearing the end of my mission. I feel it's pretty much impossible for me to not work hard, which is nice. We plan our days effectively, and then execute our plans. I try to just take things day by day.

Alec with Elder Burgess
Miracle
Here's a cool story. On Saturday, we got to our bus stop and we're waiting. A woman appeared at the stop and I start talking to her. She says she's Christian already, kinda putting up a front/no wanting to talk with me. I continued talking with her and she opened up more. our bus came, and I asked if it was her bus too. She said no, and we kinda scrambled to get a Mormon.org card to give her, but she said she would just get on the bus with us because she wants to talk about Jesus. So we got on, and talked with her. She knows Mormons from when she was in Hungary. She said they seemed so distant there because they were giving out BoMs at a stand in TC, but that we were friendly and chatty in approaching her. She's been in England for 2+ years, as a nanny. We set up an appointment for Sunday, and then talked for the remainder of the bus trip. When the time came for us to get off, she got off too. And proceeded to walk and talk with us for the next 12 minutes as we went to a dinner appointment. Then we said goodbye, and she walked/bussed all the way back. Craziness. We taught and ended up dropping her yesterday because she struggled understanding/appreciate the Book of Mormon/Restoration. But it was pretty cool nonetheless.

Love you all!

Elder Withers

Alec with Elder Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment