Monday, July 6, 2015


Elder Alec Withers  
                                                    
Hello!

This week we had a zone conference at Saint Albans. Here's some of what I got out of it:

-We make or break our missions between the hours of 8 and 10 in the morning
-Happiness and attitude is a choice
-"work, work, work. There is no satisfactory substitute" (Preach My Gospel page 121)
-Joshua 24:15 Choose This day to serve! 

I had the opportunity to share my testimony at this meeting. I talked a little about how I want to be changed by mission! I don't quite remember everything I said. But thinking about it now, and I might've shared some of this, for that to happen I need to put my whole heart into this work, be exactly obedient, be diligent, and choose a positive attitude. Elder Green bore a powerful testimony! One of the things I have down that he said is "I'm Elder Green. I'm a child of God, and I can do anything if I put my mind to it" I felt the Spirit as he spoke, and I wish I had his whole testimony in writing! 

English uniquness:

-We received a "polite notice" AKA invitation (to a school BBQ).
-Neighbour, baptise, favourite, doughnut, aluminium (the spelling of words here)
-Parents sometimes use a harness/leash to walk with their kids
-I was just (kindly) corrected by Elder Green and Elder Cook; a "leash" is a "lead". lol
-It's still a little weird that people say cheers so much... I think it sounds "weirdest" when other missionaries say it...
-You ask "do you need a lift" if you're offering to carpool

The path to the Ansell's house
 
We walked to the Ansells again (2.6 mi)! Elder Cook was on an exchange, and I was with Elder Kalabanko. I had a good idea of where to go, but we came to a point where I didn't know which way to go; straight, left, or right. I called Elder Green and Elder cook (they were serving in Letchworth), but they didn't pick up. I felt like we should go straight, but didn't know for sure. I looked at the map and still wasn't quite sure. So I went forward. At first, I didn't quite know if it was the right path. As we travelled, it became more and more familiar, until I was pretty confident we were on the right Path. Elder Cook then called, and I didn't even have to ask which way to go because we were on the right path. And so it is with the Gospel of Jesus Christ! We want answers to prayers immediately sometimes (AKA someone to pick up the phone and tell us which way to go), but we often have to take steps forward along the path and then we start to feel, and have confirmation that we're on the right path. Our faith will be confirmed as we take steps down the path, by reading, praying, and trying to follow our Savior! That's how we can gain a testimony of the Gospel, of the Book of Mormon, or anything! Act in faith; live it, read it, pray about it, and God will answer our questions. We must "ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, [and God] will manifest the truth of it unto [us] by the power of the Holy Ghost. And by the power of the Holy Ghost [we] may know the truth of all things" (Moroni 10:4-5) 

I got a haircut on Thursday! A woman in the ward, Sister Jazsewska, cut mine and Elder Cook's hair for free!  

The reason for the subject line is that Elder Cook and I have spoken some "Gollumese" recently. He and Elder Green (I believe) like imitating him. PRECIOUS!

Connor will be baptized on Sunday 12 July! It's so exciting. He's been progressing really well, and he's just a great guy.  

I counted, and in total, Elder Cook and I have had 13 meals from members! And, Sister Hopwood has made us 2 cakes, and banana bread. All since June 10! It's wonderful.  

I know this church is true! And anyone and everyone who sincerely wants to know if the Book of Mormon is true, will come to the same conclusion. That it is true, and it is the word of God! All it takes is reading it with a "sincere heart, real intent, and faith in Christ". Then, God will witness to us that it is true "by the power of the Holy Ghost". It's so beautiful that we can all receive knowledge and guidance directly from Heavenly Father! And, we have a Prophet today (just like the Prophets of the Bible such as Moses and Abraham) in President Monson to give us further guidance and direction from God. I love this Gospel! 

Have a great week everyone!
 
Elder Withers
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment