Saturday, September 24, 2016

Selfies in the office!
 
Hey Family! 

What a week. We had 3 exchanges with zone leader companionships so that helped boost the area. We're in the building phase now, since last transfer the AP's spent a lot of time out of their area, so there wasn't anything going on when I got here. There's nothing like street contacting in London! We find near Universities, since that's where the highest percentage of YSA are. 

Thanks for the great package family! It was fun to have :D 

The Work

There is a South Korean guy we found on the street in South Kensington. He's 25, and a really cool guy. He accepted a baptismal date for 30 October. We taught him the Word of Wisdom recently, and he said he drinks tea in the morning because he has a respiratory problem. He committed to drink warm water :D   

We found two Chinese girls on Thursday night close to curfew on Exhibition road. we were able to bring them into the Visitors Centre. We watched "Why we Need A Saviour" (The Mormon Message) in the theatre, and taught them about prayer. Sadly, one of them texted us yesterday and said she couldn't meet because she was communist, and we haven't heard from the other girl. They were both very cool though.  

Funny
There was a foreign investigator that I called and set up an appointment with. He didn't make the appointment so I called him and asked why he didn't come. Long story short, he felt bad for not coming and he told us he'd be at the church in 20 minutes. So we taught him that night :)

While street contacting, we used the Restoration pamphlet and looked at the image on the front. It's the Saviour holding a baby lamb. I told the individual the story of the Saviour going out for the 1 sheep, leaving the 99. I also demonstrated what a sheep noise would be. I shared a couple verses from Alma 36:18-20, and connected the dots between the lost sheep crying out and Alma the younger crying out. I asked Kai what crying out would be like. He then grabs his heart, making a serious face, and lets out a " BAAA AAA" (sheep noise). It was hilarious. He committed to come to church. 
 
My growth
I've grown in a lot of ways recently. One of them is my teaching abilities. Elder Steuer is a great teacher and listener. Since we've been together I've really improved in asking powerful and meaningful questions.

I've also grown in my use of the Book of Mormon while street contacting. I try to relate specific scriptures to the conversation we have with people. It adds a lot of power in teaching. 

We've played a lot of basketball this week and my skills are returning :D

Love you all! 

Have a great week

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment