Monday, October 5, 2015

[back row] Elder Withers, Elder Cook and unknown, [kneeling] Elder Rix
 
Konichiwa!
 Here's some English Culture:
-"bonnet" = hood of a car
-"Buggy" is a stroller whereas a "pram" is like a baby carriage

On Tuesday we met with a woman in Arlsey. She's a kind woman! We were with her for about 2 hours and 15 minutes. We taught heron her back garden. During the lesson she told us about an experience she had with prayer where she prayed to find her cart, some birds did something cool in the sky, and she felt comfort, and she found her cat! In describing another experience, she described feeling as if a fleece blanket was wrapped around her. Which is a classic way of describing The Comforter, or The Holy Ghost! It's very neat that she already has some level of experience and understanding with the Spirit.  

We helped a woman in our ward make a fishing net for primary! She gave us apple juice and biscuits.  

Connor (who met me and Elder Cook on 19 June, was baptised on July 12, confirmed on 19 July, and received the Priesthood on 13 September) was presented to the Hitchin ward to receive a calling as a Young Men's advisor on 27 September! He's a wonderful lad.  

I still haven't bought a winter coat...  

Today we are having a zone P-day! We're meeting in St. Albans.  

On the back of my blue iPod there's a quote by Winston Churchill: "Never, never, never give up". If we endure in faith, all things will work out for our good. Back in the good ol' days, Brother Lockwood (a great man in my ward back home) shared an analogy comparing bison and cows. When there's a storm, cows will run away from the it. However, the storm eventually catches up to the slower moving cows, who continue running. By doing so, the cows prolong their experience in the storm. On the other hand, bison run into the storm. By doing so, they shorten the time they spend being stormed upon, and have a better experience than the cows do.  

So it is with us! If we have a challenge, problem, struggle, or anything we need to overcome, we shouldn't procrastinate! We should never run away from any sort of figurative storm, because eventually, it will catch up to us, and we will merely prolong the time we have to endure it. Instead, we should deal with the storms of life head on! Full steam. By doing so, the storms will pass much quicker, and we will be able to spend more time in the sun.  

On Wednesday, Elder Rix and I went to the 3 week missionary meeting in Hyde Park chapel. In the time I've been with Elder Rix so far, I feel like I could've done better job as a trainer and been a better example. But, there's no sense in dwelling on the past thinking negatively! There's still time left to improve, and I know the Lord will help me as I try to do my best. Elder Rix is a good man. He's genuine, earnest, and wants to do the right thing. He's a good example to me! 

Missionary training

Elder Rix and I taught someone named Andrea for the first time on Wednesday 30 September. She didn't except the invitation to be baptised... YET! 

On Saturday, elder Rix and I served at the Amos's! I did some painting and shovelers some dirt into some bags. They fed us lunch! I love the Amos family so much. Their kids are adorable. We sat with the Amos family for 2 sessions of general conference on Sunday! #blessed 

Elder Rix and I watched general conference in Stevenage. On Saturday we attended the Saturday AM session (which began at 5PM). On Sunday, we watched Priesthood at 10AM, the Saturday PM session at 1PM, and the Sunday AM session at 5PM. 

Hope you all have a wonderful week! 

"O be wise; what can I say more?" (Jacob 6:12) 

Love,

Elder Withers
 
Elder Rix and Elder Withers
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment