Monday, April 4, 2016


(Insert a creative greeting here)

I wrote in my journal on Sunday! That was great. I'm rather pround of myself. I will now tell you random details about my week. If you're reading this, thank you for caring about me enough to read about my week. If you're still reading this, you must be a good friend or family. So thank you.

Anyways, on Tuesday Elder Wright and I were in London. This day was the first free time I've had on a P-Day in a while...usually I've been too busy with call ins, cleaning, groceries and email and missionary work to have time. So it was nice to chill a little.

On Tuesday night, I stayed in the Britannia flat, which is the most expensive missionary flat in the whole world! Needless to say, it's very nice. 

On Wednesday, I met up with Elder Jensen at Euston station. There, I took Sister Idrizi's stuff (since she has back problems) back to the HP chapel to put it in our car. The STL's came with us. Sister Rodriguez was moving into Colchester so both she and Elder Jensen had their stuff with them. Basically our little Toyota Yaris was very cramped, but we somehow managed to get everyone and everything inside. 

General Conference was wonderful! I loved Elder Renlund's talk. He said something like "the greater distance between the giver and the receiver, the greater the sense of entitlement from the receiver." This statement was so insightful! Small inequities loom large when we're far from God because we feel entitled to an easier life. This is why people that are far from God always complain about challenges and unfairness in the world. Laman and Lamuel because they "knew not the dealings of that God who had created them" (1 Nephi 2:12). The Saviour was the most innocent of all. He was perfect. Yet he suffered the most and murmured the least because he was close to God. Thank goodness life's not fair! If it was, we would never be resurrected and we'd never be clean/receive forgiveness because the Saviour wouldn't have performed the Atonement. We all will receive more than we deserve, earn, or hope for.

Also, Elder Renlund said we become closest to God by preparing conscientiously and partaking worthily of the sacrament. For "If ye shall always do these things (partake of the sacrament) blessed are ye, for ye are built upon my rock" (3 Nephi 18:12).

The STL's pranked us on April 1.... Sister Lung called me before personal study time and basically pretended her and her companion weren't getting along. She said she had to go because her companion was getting out of the shower so she quickly ended the call. I told Elder Jensen what was going on, and soon after, Sister Rodriguez called Elder Jensen's phone and we hear a loud "Happy April Fools"... They got us... I totally believed Sister Lung... Our zone had 2 companionships last transfer that struggled with their relationship and this seemed like another case of that... LOL

On  Friday night we visited Joe Johnson. He's less active and a funny guy. He never shakes hands, he only fist bumps. At the end of our lesson with him, we invited him to say the closing prayer. He did, and it was the funniest prayer ever. In the middle of the prayer he looked up and asked Elder Jensen something. HA! If Elder Jensen wouldn't have been trying to be reverent/continue the prayer, he might've been able to have a full on conversation with Joe right then and there.

This is going to be a great transfer! I've learned a lot as a leader, and I'm excited to be with Elder Jensen. I feel that we'll grow a great bond from serving together, and that we'll have a good time as well! 

Hope y'all are happy. I'm happy. Anyways, have a great week!
 
Love,

Elder Withers

No comments:

Post a Comment