Friday, October 28, 2016


Alec, Elder Steuer and President and Sister Stevens
Hello everyone!  

Let us dive right in to my past week.

Companions
Elder Steuer and I were talking last week and we both wrote in our letter to President that we are like brothers. I truly loved serving with Elder Steuer. 
 
Alec and Elder Steuer
I now have a new companion. His name is Elder Burgess. He's 11 days older than me. He's English, from Cheltenham. In his own words he describes himself as: "stylish (cuz I'm english), hmm... (sigh) It's interesting being put on the spot... haha my whole conversation is going on... I joined the church 2.5 years ago, more or less. I'm just an all around great guy. I have 2 younger brothers. I played saxaphone. I used to do a lot of running until I got fat as a missionary."  
 
Elder Steuer, Alec and Elder Burgess, Alec's new companion
The Work
President and Sister Stevens are amazing. It was fun doing transfers with them, and eating with them last weekend. I took a couple pictures in their flat/of some food. I'll send them in a bit! 
 
Transfer board
 
Dinner with the Stevens
Our investigator came to church to "learn more about God." She had a great experience. In addition to our teaching appointments, she's went to a dance class on Thursday night.  

We went through the baptismal interview questions with our investigator last night and he passed! He's worthy and ready for baptism. He said a prayer at the end, and thanked Heavenly Father for the restoration and prophets in this day. He will be baptized on the 30th of this month.  
 
Alec, Elder Burgess and investigator
Fun/Funny
On Tuesday, we went to a restaurant called "The Ritz"by Green Park station. Brother Evans (from  apast ward Elder Steuer served in) paid for lunch for us. It probably totaled up to about £300-400 for all of us together. He's an amazing man, with a deep testimony and understanding of the gospel.  

This morning we played Basketball! We got Elder Gale (one of the office elders) to play with us. It was great! He played well. He has a nice shot. 

Spiritual experiences
Quentin L. Cook came to our sacrament meeting... He bore a POWERFUL witness of Jesus Christ. It was incredible. 

Tuesday night was the departing dinner. The departing missionaries bore testimony, and it was incredibly powerful.

Wednesday we welcomed a group of 9 missionaries to the field! Then on thursday, we welcomed another missionary named Elder Henrie. We had lunch with him, and went through a few things. At the end, we read the scripture in 3 nephi 5:13 (this was on the back of a mini card that Sister Stevens gives to all the new missionaries). The spirit was very strong as we read this scripture together, and I expressed to Elder Henrie he was called of God and meant to be here.  

Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Withers

No comments:

Post a Comment