Sunday, October 30, 2016


Alec, Investigator and Elder Burgess
Hi everyone! 

The weeks here go so fast. It's incredible. We are just busy, busy, busy. I wouldn't have it any other way! Gratefully I'm still learning and growing a lot, individually and as a leader.  

The Work
Our investigator is incredible. We taught him last night, and he's already read everything in the book of Mormon up to and including 2 Nephi 2. I'm so impressed with him. We met him on General Conference Sunday, and he's been amazing at keeping commitments ever since. He will be baptised tomorrow, and he's bringing 1-2 friends from his work. I feel so much love and gratitude for him! All we did was teach him the gospel and extend committments, and he's risen to all of them. It'll be a great day tomorrow. 



Our other investigator is doing super well, too. We challenged her to invite a friend to our lesson with her, and she's bringing 2 friends with her to our dinner/lesson today (Elder Burgess and I will make a Lasagne dinner for her, her two friends, another friend (A recent convert Elder Burgess taught about 5 months ago when he used to serve in Britania), and us, of course. It will be a fun time! She passed her baptismal interview and will be baptised on Mom's b day! Fun fun.  

We gave a training on Obedience at MLC, that was rolled out to each individual zone yesterday. Obedience definitely is the price of spiritual power, of faith, and of any blessing! 

Hyde Parke Zone
Funny
Did I ever tell you about the guy from St. George Utah that was following me on my blog? So he started his mission (his name is Elder Sharp) in Ipswich zone (where Elder Jensen was ZL). He already knew a bit about Elder Jensen from my blog, specifically the story where Elder Jensen ran over a squirrel with the car. Anyways, he is now in Britania and we see each other quite frequently! He's a great missionary. Very hard working, very diligent, and very humble. Sometimes he runs and sometimes he plays basketball with us, but it's pretty funny that we're around each other now, especially since he followed my blog. 

To be honest, I didn't write in my journal this week. So I can't really think of any funny things... Except for the fact that I'm a goon and enjoy making funny/random noises sometimes, and I still occasionally imitate Gollum. 

Elder Burgess
Spiritual Experiences
On Wednesday we had MLC. President Alldredge (Sis Stevens brother, former ELM President, and former SLC Temple President) along with his wife spoke with us. President Alldredge was incredibly powerful. "Ear hath not seen, neither eye heard such marvelous things as we saw and heard that day" (Intentional swapping of the words ear and eye, for humourous effect :). He bore a powerful testimony of Jesus Christ and temples. It was amazing to listen to him speak.  

I love you all! Have a great week. 

Love,
Elder Withers

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment