Friday, November 25, 2016

[SENT NOVEMBER 5]
 
 
 
Hiya everyone!                                                                                                                       

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween. Like I did when I was younger, I dressed up as a missionary. It was quite exciting. Thanks for the Halloween package mumsie! It was so fun. Elder Burgess, President, and Sister Stevens all loved their packages of goods. Sister Stevens said I had a special mum. And she is right :)

Here is some organized observations of the occurrences of my past week.

The Work
Will was baptised! It was a great day for him. I don't remember exactly what he said after he was baptised, but he felt really good. He's such a good guy and I'm so happy for him. He will be confirmed on momma's birthday.

Jing is so ready for her baptism! We are teaching her two friends: Circle and Bamboo. Yes, their english names are "Circle" and "Bamboo". They are both super sweet. They accepted 10 December as the day for their baptism! I just love teaching Chinese people... Once again, we're making dinner for them tonight and then teaching them. We will cook up some wonderful spaghetti.

Earlier this week on Tuesday, we were street contacting near University College of London (UCL), and we met a guy named Paul. We set up a time to meet him for the following day, and parted. On the day of the appointment, we were OYMing (OYM = Open Your Mouth) near UCL, and in the middle of a conversation we were having, Paul, along with a friend, show up and just stand by us. Turns out, Paul brought a friend named Ricardo with him. We taught both of them about the Godhead and about prayer. After we said the opening prayer, Paul said he felt calm. So neat that he already felt the Spirit. Ricardo was super cool, too. We finish the lesson, and go off in our separate ways.

The next day, I message him on WeChat (the Chinese equivalent of FB). He responded to my messages by saying "I told everything to my parents but they are not allowed me to believe the western belief. Sry, but thx." He deleted me from his contacts, as well. Very sad that his parents interfered even when he was doing so well. However, Ricardo is amazing. He accepted a baptismal date for 17 December. I feel the reason we met Paul was so we could teach Ricardo! Hopefully Paul comes around one day...

Funny

I loved the fake spider that was in my Halloween package. I have used it on Elder Burgess, Elder Gale (A senior missionary in the office) and on Sister Gale. I'll send you the reactions of Elder Gale and Burgess.

We were out finding on Exhibition Road, and there was a guy I stopped by asking "do all English people hate the dentist?"  He said something, and then was like "you're rather slim for an American. See it's probably not a good idea to start a conversation with stereotype". He was a bit salty. :D Bless him...

Spiritual Experiences

We had a mission wide conference call today to start off our mission wide finding, and to prelude the mission wide fast we will do together for fast Sunday. During President Steven's remarks, he talked about what he felt as he read the story of Ammon and the other sons of Mosiah in the Book of Mormon. That many probably thought they would be unable to teach the gospel to and convert the hardened Lamanites. He said that some of us may be feeling the same way about our areas. President promised that if the Lord prepared people for the sons of Mosiah to find, teach, and baptise, so to would he here in England. I felt the Spirit strongly as he shared this wonderful insight.

That sums it up. Thanks for reading this, thinking of me, loving me, and praying for me.

Much love,
Your hijo and hermano,
Elder Withers

P.S. I'll send some personal emails a bit later, since we are going to prepare spaghetti soon. Our emailing time is segmented today. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment