Sunday, February 26, 2017

[SENT 2-21-18]

SURPRISE EMAIL!!

Hey family!

This is probably a bit of a shock that I'm emailing today. Long story short, my P-days will be back to Mondays. Crazy, huh?

The Past
We finished transfers with President this past weekend. That was such a wonderful experience. I'm so grateful to have been able to work so close with President and Sister Stevens. They are so loving, so kind, and so faithful. When I first met them in the Saint Albans chapel July of 2015, I had no idea how close we would become. Working hand in hand has "knit our hearts as one."



I was thinking recently how vivid a memory it was I was given the assignment to come here. Elder Mthombeni and I had finished street contacting, to see a missed call from President regarding transfers. We walked into a side street where it was less windy, I spoke with President and the assignment was given. Next thing I know, 6 months flies by, and President is driving Elder Burgess and I to our flat on Queensgate late Sunday night saying "Well, Elder Withers, it's been a good ride." The experiences I've had here have been inspired, and life changing. I will forever be grateful to President and Sister Stevens.

We taught this morning, and had a wonderful lesson on opposition, reading together from Joseph Smith History. I felt the Holy Ghost bear His sweet, warming witness as we read verses 16 and 17 together. I know that Joseph Smith was a prophet, and that God the Father with his Son Jesus Christ stood before him in answer to His prayer. At the end of the lesson, I gave her a card along with a chocolate bar. Her response was something to the effect of "I don't have a gift for you, but the greatest gift I can give is to follow God and help others do the same." She is a blessing in my life!



The Present
I'm so grateful for my mission experience. I look both look forward to and dread the day I have to leave this full time mission experience behind. Often times you don't know what you have until it's gone. I'm so grateful that I've been able to catch a glimpse of Heavenly Father's love for His children, including me, and be a part of this work. 

The Future
I will be training a new missionary! I will meet him tomorrow, and we will go to Hayes to serve together. I'm very excited for this new opportunity. It'll help me to maintain focus and diligence to the end. It'll push me to be a better example. It will deepen my testimony, my conviction, and my desires to share the gospel. These will be the best transfers yet. 

I love you all lots! Have a wonderful week. I'll email you again on Monday with news about my new companion. 

Love,

Elder Withers


No comments:

Post a Comment