Sunday, September 6, 2015

FROM SEPTEMBER 1, 2015

Hello!                                                                                                   
 
English Culture:

"Till" = Cash Register (did I say this one before?) 

I'm staying in Hitchin! My companion, Elder Mabingo, is moving to another area, and I'll get a new companion tomorrow! 

In one of the songs my mom wrote it says, "Though he may not calm the storm around you, His arms will hold you in the storm." So far on my mission, it hasn't been sunny and 75. Yet I know that Heavenly Father is watching over me, and he won't give me anything that I can't handle. The best way to get through the storms of life is to turn to my Father in Heaven in prayer and to rely on the Saviour! For "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me" (Philippians 4:13). 

Something funny: Elder Mabingo and I were meeting with a guy in the ward, and he said something about a section in the church near the back, calling it the "child care area" LOL gotta love it. I can't wait for the day that I have children :). One day... 5 little mini-me's running around :P 

On Sunday after Church, Elder Mabingo and I were the last ones in the parking lot, along with a woman who has some struggles. We talked with her, and set up an appointment for us to come and visit her, and we eventually parted ways. We were walking away, and not too long after we separated, I felt like we should walk with her as she biked. So we did. An important part of missionary work is strengthening the members of the ward, and I think this Sister appreciated us talking with her. 

It was also Connor's birthday on Sunday! He's a recent convert. I wrote him a little note, using the "Thank you" cards mom sent. On the Cover of the card it just says "thank you", so I added "for having a birthday". Ha. I'm so funny. And I gave him a small candy bag I bought from Poundland (a store where everything is a pound). What a great store for missionaries. I like cheap and free things. 

I bought some English trousers today along with 2 English dress shirts! I'll have to send a full body picture at some point of me in my English attire, and you'll have to let me know what you think.  

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! 

No matter how hard life gets, remember what's really important in life! i.e. Faith in God, family, friends, and so forth. When we have an eternal perspective, things work out for the best eventually, even though they may be hard. 

Have a great week! 

Lots of Love,

Elder Withers
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment